Medium: Bone and sinew that made up the body fair.
Hue: The color of the clothes she wore.
Brushstrokes: Feet that bore the artist nimbly through the air.
Canvas: Where those feet touched on the floor.
A masterpiece in motion was the dancer on the move,
not much unlike a painter's work of art.
But rather than a canvas that's displayed inside the Louvre,
her artistry's etched solely on the heart.
William Chaplar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dancer by William Chaplar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Poetic Vows, Sandra Feldman
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -53, Ronjoy Brahma
- emotions, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -52, Ronjoy Brahma
- Public Limited Company Scrap Heap Sold, Terence G. Craddock
- done, laxami Cards
- Poetry: You, Laijon Liu
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -51, Ronjoy Brahma
- bring this tech down a little, Mandolyn ...
- From words and acts, gajanan mishra