Sometimes, I feel like a mushroom- growing in a cow pie.
A surprise awaits you, if you will,
tonight's a good night to die-
Is that how you feel? Risktakers, heartbreakers,
take a little pill.
You don't care what it is, or where it came from-
Just how high you will get,
and how it will make you feel.
Daddy's got a bottle, hidden in his stash.
It's got a black label, it's gonna get us trashed.
My big brother's got some crack,
but if you're really a man-
I know where I can get some smack.
Come on boy's, if you will,
take a ride with me-
A little trip would be nice, with some LSD,
or some ecstasy?
Cold, glazed eyes stare unblinking,
just can't figure out what went wrong.
Man, what were you thinking?
Everybody was having fun, we were all into this song,
until you went and ruined it all with that stunt of yours.
'Man, get down before you fall! '
You didn't hear us cry-
You screamed, 'God gave me wings! '
Then you tried to fly.
Red and blue lights flashing, sirens hurt my ears.
Our actions have consequences,
as we discovered our worst fears.
Dark crimson colors flow from your head,
the party's over-
Now that you're dead.
I feel like screaming, but no sound escapes my lips,
as I dropp Daddy's bottle-
From my fingertips.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Daddy's Bottle' by Kelly Seale )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- They Said, Lonnie Hicks
- Taken As Directed., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Accounting For Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime
- My Pen Is Happy, King Happy
- All of The Above, King Happy
- In a Minute, King Happy