Sometimes, I feel like a mushroom- growing in a cow pie.
A surprise awaits you, if you will,
tonight's a good night to die-
Is that how you feel? Risktakers, heartbreakers,
take a little pill.
You don't care what it is, or where it came from-
Just how high you will get,
and how it will make you feel.
Daddy's got a bottle, hidden in his stash.
It's got a black label, it's gonna get us trashed.
My big brother's got some crack,
but if you're really a man-
I know where I can get some smack.
Come on boy's, if you will,
take a ride with me-
A little trip would be nice, with some LSD,
or some ecstasy?
Cold, glazed eyes stare unblinking,
just can't figure out what went wrong.
Man, what were you thinking?
Everybody was having fun, we were all into this song,
until you went and ruined it all with that stunt of yours.
'Man, get down before you fall! '
You didn't hear us cry-
You screamed, 'God gave me wings! '
Then you tried to fly.
Red and blue lights flashing, sirens hurt my ears.
Our actions have consequences,
as we discovered our worst fears.
Dark crimson colors flow from your head,
the party's over-
Now that you're dead.
I feel like screaming, but no sound escapes my lips,
as I dropp Daddy's bottle-
From my fingertips.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Daddy's Bottle' by Kelly Seale )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Lament Before The Eve, lingering stupor
- Sons of the nature, gajanan mishra
- The Death of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas Scene, Salim R Javed
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood and Gore, Leong Ming Loong
- Expressly For A Friend..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Welcome Love, Sari Mavi