Sometimes, I feel like a mushroom- growing in a cow pie.
A surprise awaits you, if you will,
tonight's a good night to die-
Is that how you feel? Risktakers, heartbreakers,
take a little pill.
You don't care what it is, or where it came from-
Just how high you will get,
and how it will make you feel.
Daddy's got a bottle, hidden in his stash.
It's got a black label, it's gonna get us trashed.
My big brother's got some crack,
but if you're really a man-
I know where I can get some smack.
Come on boy's, if you will,
take a ride with me-
A little trip would be nice, with some LSD,
or some ecstasy?
Cold, glazed eyes stare unblinking,
just can't figure out what went wrong.
Man, what were you thinking?
Everybody was having fun, we were all into this song,
until you went and ruined it all with that stunt of yours.
'Man, get down before you fall! '
You didn't hear us cry-
You screamed, 'God gave me wings! '
Then you tried to fly.
Red and blue lights flashing, sirens hurt my ears.
Our actions have consequences,
as we discovered our worst fears.
Dark crimson colors flow from your head,
the party's over-
Now that you're dead.
I feel like screaming, but no sound escapes my lips,
as I dropp Daddy's bottle-
From my fingertips.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Daddy's Bottle' by Kelly Seale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra