Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson (11-21-61 / Ripley, Tennessee)
Daddy Please Don't Hurt Mommy
A little girl stood crying as the father beat the mother,
next to the girl stood her older sister, and older brother.
Alcohol was the demon that drove the beating hand,
the mother bruised, and sobbing cowards from the man.
Why does daddy do that thought the little girl?
Oh how I hate my father, he's the worst person in the world.
The mother now alone in the bedroom with a razor above her wrist.
'Please mommy don't do it, ' the youngest child did persist.
The father starves the mother, three days in a row,
the little girl hates her father, yet the father is too drunk to know.
Is alcohol the problem or does there exist more?
The little girl's answer comes from her sobbing mother lying hurt on the cold, hard floor.
Poet Other Poems
- (Actor&Singer) Scott Bakula - Prince Of...
- (AM I INSANE?)
- A Daughter Through The Eyes Of A Father
- A Dear Jane Letter
- A Dear John Letter
- A Mother's Heart Breaks For Her Son - (J...
- A Nightmare Of The Soul
- A tribute to daisydownunder's Brother
- A Writer Scorned - Rejected Gift - Heart...
- A Zimbabwe Mother's Cry To Her Children
- Actor - Jimmy Doohan - (Star Trek's - Sc...
- Alone In A Crowd
- America Is
- Angel I Shall Adore thee - Forever And A...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.