Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson
Daddy Please Don't Hurt Mommy
A little girl stood crying as the father beat the mother,
next to the girl stood her older sister, and older brother.
Alcohol was the demon that drove the beating hand,
the mother bruised, and sobbing cowards from the man.
Why does daddy do that thought the little girl?
Oh how I hate my father, he's the worst person in the world.
The mother now alone in the bedroom with a razor above her wrist.
'Please mommy don't do it, ' the youngest child did persist.
The father starves the mother, three days in a row,
the little girl hates her father, yet the father is too drunk to know.
Is alcohol the problem or does there exist more?
The little girl's answer comes from her sobbing mother lying hurt on the cold, hard floor.
Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Daddy Please Don't Hurt Mommy by Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson )
- Surprising Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Endless Sea, Curtlan Popo
- Hoping For The Best, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'what color is it? ' they thought, after.., Mandolyn ...
- mary the narcoleptic shepherd, joni frog
- First Encounter - khairy Jamaluddin, john tiong chunghoo
- Laugh And Chuckle, Harold R Hunt Sr
- In success, hasmukh amathalal
- You are not allowed, gajanan mishra
- Liaison, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)