Daddy, I'm Sorry
I sit awake at night
I don't want to get that call.
I know that I'm selfish,
but God only knows how much I still need you here!
I'm not ready to let go.
I'm so sad, yet I'm so angry at you!
Why weren't you there?
Why didn't you make more of an effort?
How could you let so much time go by?
I sit here now,
Thinking of you.
You're supposed to watch me grow older…
You're supposed to walk me down the aisle!
What am I supposed to do?
I'm so alone.
I know that I have made a lot of mistakes,
and that I let so much time go.
I'm sorry that I wasn't there.
I'm sorry that it took me this long to see.
I'm sorry that I can't get over the past.
I'm sorry that I'm just now realising how much you really mean to me.
I love you, Daddy.
I just want a second chance.
And I want to say that everything is going to be okay,
that everything is going to be fine…
You will come home and get better and we will play games again,
or order some pizza and watch movies together!
But I know that it's not okay.
I know that what I want isn't going to happen.
I just wish I could save you.
I wish that I could go back and be there.
And now I have to live with myself for the things that have happened.
I just want you to know before, that I always loved you, and will continue to…
No matter the outcome, I want you to know that I'm here for you!
I love you Daddy.
Don't forget about me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Daddy, I'm Sorry by Tiana Webb )
- You Can Lil story, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Exploitation, gajanan mishra
- Three Simple Words, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Loving Others, Tom Zart
- Law Breakers, Tony Adah
- Our India is the best country of the who.., Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Silent Page, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- This is human race, Aftab Alam
- God Bless The Teacher, Enoch Gyamfi
- Hunger, Kyle Schlicher
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Men, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)