Daddy, I'm Sorry
I sit awake at night
I don't want to get that call.
I know that I'm selfish,
but God only knows how much I still need you here!
I'm not ready to let go.
I'm so sad, yet I'm so angry at you!
Why weren't you there?
Why didn't you make more of an effort?
How could you let so much time go by?
I sit here now,
Thinking of you.
You're supposed to watch me grow older…
You're supposed to walk me down the aisle!
What am I supposed to do?
I'm so alone.
I know that I have made a lot of mistakes,
and that I let so much time go.
I'm sorry that I wasn't there.
I'm sorry that it took me this long to see.
I'm sorry that I can't get over the past.
I'm sorry that I'm just now realising how much you really mean to me.
I love you, Daddy.
I just want a second chance.
And I want to say that everything is going to be okay,
that everything is going to be fine…
You will come home and get better and we will play games again,
or order some pizza and watch movies together!
But I know that it's not okay.
I know that what I want isn't going to happen.
I just wish I could save you.
I wish that I could go back and be there.
And now I have to live with myself for the things that have happened.
I just want you to know before, that I always loved you, and will continue to…
No matter the outcome, I want you to know that I'm here for you!
I love you Daddy.
Don't forget about me.
Tiana Webb's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Daddy, I'm Sorry by Tiana Webb )
- In the memory of Faez, Nassy Fesharaki
- I Turned on the News Today, Vera Sidhwa
- From A Son To His Divine Mother(Saroda), Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Of the Depression, Javed Latoo
- Blue Eyes, Ronald Chapman
- A Tiny Plant, Manira Khan
- Pure femininity, Erato
- A Man's Oft-hidden Tears, Maurice Harris
- Contentment, Katherine Nordhaus
- The News Explained it to Me, Vera Sidhwa
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns