Dr John Celes
Love your dad akin your mom;
He was once very handsome;
He toils hard to earn good sum;
He cries rarely but isn't dumb!
He is stern and seldom raves;
Being man, he often shaves;
Most of time, he well behaves;
Children's future, he well paves!
Dad holds back his emotion;
He rules roost in commotion;
He issues children, caution;
Nevertheless, he has passion!
‘Wish him Happy Father's Day! '
His love great, try to repay!
Be proud of your dad today;
He shows family, the right way!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 13-06-12
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dad's Day,2012 by Dr John Celes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda