Dr John Celes
Love your dad akin your mom;
He was once very handsome;
He toils hard to earn good sum;
He cries rarely but isn't dumb!
He is stern and seldom raves;
Being man, he often shaves;
Most of time, he well behaves;
Children's future, he well paves!
Dad holds back his emotion;
He rules roost in commotion;
He issues children, caution;
Nevertheless, he has passion!
‘Wish him Happy Father's Day! '
His love great, try to repay!
Be proud of your dad today;
He shows family, the right way!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 13-06-12
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dad's Day,2012 by Dr John Celes )
- Lunch, anthony henriques
- A thoughtless god, Solomon Marshall
- Mukkamal Hoon tumhare Daman mein, Manish Guru
- The Stroke of one person who lie, clawdea benat
- The love which endures the pains is too .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- < He >, Aparna Chatterjee
- Never Losing Sight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Collectively Protecting America, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Do You Know? Kangaroo., Ima Ryma
- Soap, Sharry Lee
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- November, Thomas Hood
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Flower of Love, Oscar Wilde
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)