(Dad) - 'Face to Face to that Eternal Place'
Today is a day that I saw my dad really sick and it made me really scared,
As the time went on and his health never got better, we heard something that we really feared.
This made us feel so upset because there was nothing that we could do.
The sadness starts to hit our family and sets in the tears and especially hard for me too.
It is hard, but there is something that we are going to believe that he can hear us of what is being said.
This is the main reason that we are here next to he never wanting to leave her bed.
My dad raised us up to be strong and never to give up hope,
And no matter what happens, he will always be living in our hearts and helping us learn to cope.
We want to pray and say thank you Lord for guarding him up under your wing,
By providing her life with the shelter to whatever the pain will bring.
Yes, this is saddens us and has caused our hearts to awaken,
But by her believing and trusting in you, we know where se will be taken.
We are here to give our life towards you for knowing that you are taking mom to that Eternal Place.
Missing him here will be sad not being here,
But it makes us happy because he is with you will see him again face to face.
By Frank Pulver
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ((Dad) - 'Face to Face to that Eternal Place' by Frank Pulver )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Miles away, hannah wilbert
- (8) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- A life unexamined, Robert Plese
- Dying, Dipankar Chakraborty
- Quotation # 5, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Control, Robert Plese
- Time is your worst enemy, Leong Ming Loong
- Price, Nassy Fesharaki
- Hate Is A Strong Word, Michael Webb
- The marvelous designer., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..