(Dad) - 'Face to Face to that Eternal Place'
Today is a day that I saw my dad really sick and it made me really scared,
As the time went on and his health never got better, we heard something that we really feared.
This made us feel so upset because there was nothing that we could do.
The sadness starts to hit our family and sets in the tears and especially hard for me too.
It is hard, but there is something that we are going to believe that he can hear us of what is being said.
This is the main reason that we are here next to he never wanting to leave her bed.
My dad raised us up to be strong and never to give up hope,
And no matter what happens, he will always be living in our hearts and helping us learn to cope.
We want to pray and say thank you Lord for guarding him up under your wing,
By providing her life with the shelter to whatever the pain will bring.
Yes, this is saddens us and has caused our hearts to awaken,
But by her believing and trusting in you, we know where se will be taken.
We are here to give our life towards you for knowing that you are taking mom to that Eternal Place.
Missing him here will be sad not being here,
But it makes us happy because he is with you will see him again face to face.
By Frank Pulver
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ((Dad) - 'Face to Face to that Eternal Place' by Frank Pulver )
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
- Love or Sex?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dreaming of Things While I Remain In My .., Rohit Sapra
- Facebooker, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kidultnap, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)