(Dad) - 'Face to Face to that Eternal Place'
Today is a day that I saw my dad really sick and it made me really scared,
As the time went on and his health never got better, we heard something that we really feared.
This made us feel so upset because there was nothing that we could do.
The sadness starts to hit our family and sets in the tears and especially hard for me too.
It is hard, but there is something that we are going to believe that he can hear us of what is being said.
This is the main reason that we are here next to he never wanting to leave her bed.
My dad raised us up to be strong and never to give up hope,
And no matter what happens, he will always be living in our hearts and helping us learn to cope.
We want to pray and say thank you Lord for guarding him up under your wing,
By providing her life with the shelter to whatever the pain will bring.
Yes, this is saddens us and has caused our hearts to awaken,
But by her believing and trusting in you, we know where se will be taken.
We are here to give our life towards you for knowing that you are taking mom to that Eternal Place.
Missing him here will be sad not being here,
But it makes us happy because he is with you will see him again face to face.
By Frank Pulver
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ((Dad) - 'Face to Face to that Eternal Place' by Frank Pulver )
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
- Crashed Thrones, Abby Bilan
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)