Edgard Canales P
Da Moment U Were Born...
Da moment U were born,
I was in a cell,
with my heart so torn.
1 of da guards
gave me da news,
having mixed emotions
but mostly, I'm just blue.
I'm just a child myself,
feeling so confused,
don't know what 2 say or what 2 do.
I'm sorry 4 not being there
when U took your 1st step,
or to clam U down, when U were upset.
I have never been a real father,
either because of my legal status or because your mother.
Don't judge them, I know its hard,
just wish we didn't have to be so far apart.
Da moment u were born,
was da happiest moment in my life,
Regardless of where I found myself
at that point and time.
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Da Moment U Were Born... by Edgard Canales P )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 5, 1934)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Einstein Defining Special Relativity, A. Van Jordan
- Snail I am, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Seurat, Ira Sadoff
- An Old Love, David Lewis Paget
- Social Awkwardness, Emily Liang
- Ode to My Hands, Tim Seibles
- Ode on My Episiotomy, Kimberly Johnson
- Teaghlach (Family), Ewen Morrison
- love so pure, love so true, kat tommany
- THE MIDDLE GROUND, Satish Verma