Edgard Canales P
Da Moment U Were Born...
Da moment U were born,
I was in a cell,
with my heart so torn.
1 of da guards
gave me da news,
having mixed emotions
but mostly, I'm just blue.
I'm just a child myself,
feeling so confused,
don't know what 2 say or what 2 do.
I'm sorry 4 not being there
when U took your 1st step,
or to clam U down, when U were upset.
I have never been a real father,
either because of my legal status or because your mother.
Don't judge them, I know its hard,
just wish we didn't have to be so far apart.
Da moment u were born,
was da happiest moment in my life,
Regardless of where I found myself
at that point and time.
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Da Moment U Were Born... by Edgard Canales P )
- There Is Nothing But Darkness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Unpopped Corn Kernals and Cold Hearts..., Monk E. Biz
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
- Adrenaline is my Mistress, Hayley Lewis
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.33, Monk E. Biz
- Incarnation, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Eternal creation, ramesh rai
- Lomp doch fijn besnaard 2, Madrason writer
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
- The body of my Temple lays unswept;, David McLansky
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)