Edgard Canales P
Da Moment U Were Born...
Da moment U were born,
I was in a cell,
with my heart so torn.
1 of da guards
gave me da news,
having mixed emotions
but mostly, I'm just blue.
I'm just a child myself,
feeling so confused,
don't know what 2 say or what 2 do.
I'm sorry 4 not being there
when U took your 1st step,
or to clam U down, when U were upset.
I have never been a real father,
either because of my legal status or because your mother.
Don't judge them, I know its hard,
just wish we didn't have to be so far apart.
Da moment u were born,
was da happiest moment in my life,
Regardless of where I found myself
at that point and time.
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Da Moment U Were Born... by Edgard Canales P )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Listeners, Walter de la Mare
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Painting of A Sigh, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- A Child Is Born, Heather Burns
- Suicidal Hypocricy, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Shedding Light On A Gleam, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Political Suppression The Face Off, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- On Leaving To Come Back, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Oblivious Unconscious, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Addiction, Michael P. McParland
- Aching For Us, Michael P. McParland
- A Truth, Michael P. McParland