Edgard Canales P
Da Moment U Were Born...
Da moment U were born,
I was in a cell,
with my heart so torn.
1 of da guards
gave me da news,
having mixed emotions
but mostly, I'm just blue.
I'm just a child myself,
feeling so confused,
don't know what 2 say or what 2 do.
I'm sorry 4 not being there
when U took your 1st step,
or to clam U down, when U were upset.
I have never been a real father,
either because of my legal status or because your mother.
Don't judge them, I know its hard,
just wish we didn't have to be so far apart.
Da moment u were born,
was da happiest moment in my life,
Regardless of where I found myself
at that point and time.
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Da Moment U Were Born... by Edgard Canales P )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Persimmon Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- The read., Meena Somasundaram
- Time is Time, Juliet Languedoc
- The Garbage Is Collected On Thursday, Kyle Schlicher
- Are The Girls For To Be Sold & Bought?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Thirteen, Kyle Schlicher
- A strong strife!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I.H.Rizvi As A Romantic Indian English P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life In A Beer Commercial, Kyle Schlicher