Cygnets - Lincoln Park Zoo
Trumpeter swan cygnets did hatch,
Cherub chicks in the month of June,
Peering out from the nest of thatch,
'Let's take a dip in the lagoon.'
With Mom and Dad watching us close,
We waddled in, feathers and all.
The crowds around, we did engross.
Humans are easy to enthrall.
We hear the humans whisper that
Into the wild we're destined to.
Not sure 'xactly where wild is at.
But in the meantime, here will do.
Oh, what a blessed bevy we be
At Lincoln Park Zoo - y'all come see.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cygnets - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Thoughts Of A Father, Edgar Albert Guest
- His Dog, Edgar Albert Guest
- Living Flowers, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Old Timer Pallas'Cat - Lincoln Park .., Ima Ryma
- Father's Chore, Edgar Albert Guest
- BURN YOUR FEARS, Raaida Salik
- IMPOSTER, Raaida Salik
- SALVATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- NAKED DANCE, Raaida Salik
- My Big Dream, Tony Adah