amber maria moon
Cure For Speeding Time
Its been eight singles seconds since the last time i laughed,
I'm feeling warn out,
Muted, sucked from inside.
My hands are clean
No heart shaped bruises,
'It's not getting harder? '
They don't remember the pills I look,
Can't recall how I look,
The life you give, is doing no good,
And the mirror shows a ghost
With hollow eyes,
My mouth stretched in gaunt surprise.
If you know a cure for death, tell him,
he needs it more than I.
Perfectly healthy, he just doesn't have the brains to know why.
Muted, working through it, doing just fine.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cure For Speeding Time by amber maria moon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)