Calm and peaceful floating there,
Puffed up in grays and whites,
Ever changing shapes and forms,
Reaching far and towering heights.
Drifting so slowly to the east,
Growing stronger, with moist air,
Perchance to see a poodle dance,
An awkward snowshoe hare.
An army marching from the west,
Close formation, side by side,
A flying pig with tiny wings,
Bouquet, held by the bride.
Reclining long from head to toe,
A women’s body fast asleep,
As if she’s died, just passing by,
God bless her soul to keep.
Barking dog without a nose,
Shark swimming in the sky,
Open mouth, engulfing air,
No victim, today will die.
Unicorn; its head held high,
Ducklings, waddling in a row,
No mother near, keep them safe,
Chasing what? They don’t know.
Chubby shining Cherub faces,
Upside-down and turning round,
Endless creatures within the clouds,
Constant motion, nowhere bound.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cumulus Creatures by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma
- this is for you, dipstick, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -29, Ronjoy Brahma
- Solitary, Claude H Oliver II
- Resolution?, Claude H Oliver II
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -28, Ronjoy Brahma
- can someone pass the pistol?, Mandolyn Davidson
- Aqua Flower, The Princess