Ace Of Black Hearts
A stimulation to the mind.
A ego to crush from the inside.
The raven the swoops down and carries the prey off.
The truly departed.
How did this get started.
There are not enough words to save myself.
I murdered you, by letting you down.
You trusted me in a really bad way.
An attraction, that I accepted and let it bring you satisfaction.
You told me your deepest darkest secrets.
And I didn't believe any of them.
I wrote a poem that broke your heart.
I pushed you over the edge.
Not intentionally I thought you were just lonely.
Thinking soon enough you would get over it.
Instead you latched on and when I kicked you off.
You were completely crushed by the mere utters of a pen.
No pictures, no sounds, no touch.
These writings can be dangerous.
I didn't mean to lead you on.
Some how yet I did.
No ill intent here, just an honest mistake because they were no human faces.
Guilty of being mean and cruel.
Because I didn't feel what you felt.
How could I really know, how could I really know?
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crushed by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- WHO REALLY CONTROLS THE WORLD?, john chizoba vincent
- Walking In Clouds, Juan Olivarez
- Of Ancestors From Long Ago, Spiritwind Wood
- If I Told You, Spiritwind Wood
- WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME, FATHER?, john chizoba vincent
- Whipoorwill, Kyle Schlicher
- Turning Over Rocks, Kyle Schlicher
- I am Native American, Spiritwind Wood
- Now I Can See, Kyle Schlicher
- Behind My Pain, Spiritwind Wood