Ace Of Black Hearts
A stimulation to the mind.
A ego to crush from the inside.
The raven the swoops down and carries the prey off.
The truly departed.
How did this get started.
There are not enough words to save myself.
I murdered you, by letting you down.
You trusted me in a really bad way.
An attraction, that I accepted and let it bring you satisfaction.
You told me your deepest darkest secrets.
And I didn't believe any of them.
I wrote a poem that broke your heart.
I pushed you over the edge.
Not intentionally I thought you were just lonely.
Thinking soon enough you would get over it.
Instead you latched on and when I kicked you off.
You were completely crushed by the mere utters of a pen.
No pictures, no sounds, no touch.
These writings can be dangerous.
I didn't mean to lead you on.
Some how yet I did.
No ill intent here, just an honest mistake because they were no human faces.
Guilty of being mean and cruel.
Because I didn't feel what you felt.
How could I really know, how could I really know?
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crushed by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Frae the friends and land I love, Robert Burns
- The Fête Champêtre, Robert Burns
- From ' Lachrymæ Lachrymarum', Joseph Hall
- Friendship Way, Paul Sebastian
- Psalm VII, Joseph Hall
- Drogman*, Translation of Pierre Emmanuel.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Bitch Please, Akhil Zoomin
- The Lonely One, John F. McCullagh
- Psalm I, Joseph Hall
- Psalm LVII, George Wither
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Away, Melancholy, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)