Ace Of Black Hearts
A stimulation to the mind.
A ego to crush from the inside.
The raven the swoops down and carries the prey off.
The truly departed.
How did this get started.
There are not enough words to save myself.
I murdered you, by letting you down.
You trusted me in a really bad way.
An attraction, that I accepted and let it bring you satisfaction.
You told me your deepest darkest secrets.
And I didn't believe any of them.
I wrote a poem that broke your heart.
I pushed you over the edge.
Not intentionally I thought you were just lonely.
Thinking soon enough you would get over it.
Instead you latched on and when I kicked you off.
You were completely crushed by the mere utters of a pen.
No pictures, no sounds, no touch.
These writings can be dangerous.
I didn't mean to lead you on.
Some how yet I did.
No ill intent here, just an honest mistake because they were no human faces.
Guilty of being mean and cruel.
Because I didn't feel what you felt.
How could I really know, how could I really know?
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crushed by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Live Life Smiling, Elizabeth Garcia
- Quiet Dave, Adeosun Olamide
- We Are That, Tushar Ray
- Old-Fashioned Cosmology, douglas scotney
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael McParland
- That's When You Do It, douglas scotney
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Gun Propaganda, Is It Poetry
- Silver Spoons, Mikey Bachman
- Perjury against the Innocent Punished by.., Dimitri Jagodinski
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)