Crowned Lemurs Like Lincoln Park Zoo
A crowned lemur - that's what I am,
An orangish fur crown on my head.
For visitors, I love to ham
At the Lincoln Park Zoo homestead.
Madagascar Island is where
We primates did evolve unique.
But when human kin showed up there,
They've been a real pain - so to speak.
But at the Zoo, humans are great
To me and to my family.
All lemurs should have such a fate,
To know how good humans can be.
So this crowned lemur tips his crown
To humans in Chicago town.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crowned Lemurs Like Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe