Crosses of Dodgy Dave
Being a pretend Preacher
I wear many crosses
from large to small.
I have crosses made of brass,
steel, wood, plastic and silver.
Most of them were given to me
and hold a special place in my heart.
On Sunday someone suggested
I needed a new larger cross
so people could see me coming.
No matter what cross I wear
my values never change
and my beliefs remain the same.
The Lord likes what I am doing
and he has shown me time and again
in lots of different ways.
I am not a conventional Preacher
filled with brimstone and fire,
but all my sermons are written
with love from my heart.
9 July 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crosses of Dodgy Dave by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- George Crowley Bush, Richard Thripp
- Tragic Dream, Electric Lady