Crosses of Dodgy Dave
Being a pretend Preacher
I wear many crosses
from large to small.
I have crosses made of brass,
steel, wood, plastic and silver.
Most of them were given to me
and hold a special place in my heart.
On Sunday someone suggested
I needed a new larger cross
so people could see me coming.
No matter what cross I wear
my values never change
and my beliefs remain the same.
The Lord likes what I am doing
and he has shown me time and again
in lots of different ways.
I am not a conventional Preacher
filled with brimstone and fire,
but all my sermons are written
with love from my heart.
9 July 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crosses of Dodgy Dave by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- Hamstead, Naveed Khalid
- The Little Prince, Naveed Khalid
- The Scribe, Suzy Kassem
- I Too, Sing Poetry., Abekah Emmanuel
- Guide, Don't Misguide Me, Aftab Alam
- The Three Laws of All, Suzy Kassem
- The Elephant, Somanathan Iyer
- Sea of Life, Suzy Kassem
- A TEACHER-A STUDENT RELATIONSHIP ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Part Sun and Moon, Suzy Kassem