Lawrence S. Pertillar
Crisp And Freshened Air
It would be great to awaken,
To the scent of blooming roses.
As the dew is lifted to clear the mist,
With a blue sky appearing...
To be witnessed at dawn,
From an open window one breathes...
The crisp and freshened air.
It would be great to be awakened,
On a daily basis to immediately meditate...
For all the blessings one receives,
Without a hesitation to express...
An appreciation acknowledged,
To confess in devotion that is addressed...
That gift of life one gets and IS aware of it.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crisp And Freshened Air by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)