**Crime and Punishment**
Not a day passes by, not thinking about you,
believing in my love, which I know is true.
Waiting for you, to come back,
with a lot of hopes, but no regrets, which I lack.
I sit down crying, hurting myself,
praying that you will realize, my love, by yourself.
What did I do wrong, that you left me?
Isn't there anything pure that you see in me?
What happened, when you hugged or kissed me?
What happened, when you wanted to stay by me?
Was I not, a wall protecting you?
If not, then tell me, where I screwed?
I can change, the tides of time,
even with blood, as I write this in rhymes,
waiting, breathing, bleeding, for only one day,
standing wide eyed, for a single ray,
of hope, to see you return,
and give me a chance, to show my concern,
for you, and only you, whom I love,
ready to even battle, the gods above,
with a power, to bring heaven and hell as one,
for, the only one,
who is you, my heart,
without whom, my life is torn apart.
Is this betrayal, or just a phase,
to watch me suffer, bleed and phrase,
my pain, my blood, my inner happiness,
that has turned me cold, to numbness.
My tears have dried, crying for your return,
as I have turned hollow, and started to burn.
Think about, the good times we had,
the love, the smiles and the bond we shared.
There was not a single day, when you did not call me,
only to hear the words, 'Love you honey'.
Every day, and every night,
I hold on my phone, really tight,
waiting for a ring, or just a message,
which was my beating heart, and my life's passage.
What is it now, that you detest in me,
that you chose, to just leave me?
I am in despair, which I dont show out,
for this is another battle, a war, a bout,
that has brought this, sickness in me,
awakening, the demon inside of me.
Now I stand deadly, with rage,
transforming, even as I age.
But all through this, it does not conquer me,
for there is something that lets me be,
in a way, that you wanted me to stay,
filled with love, and a question that makes me pray,
oh god! ! Please bring her back, to me, my love,
please dont punish me, with your wrath from above,
and all through this.....I continue, to ask this question that would be,
dear, 'Why did you leave me? '
Vishal Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (**Crime and Punishment** by Vishal Sharma )
Gerard Manley Hopkins
(28 July 1844 – 8 June 1889)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Thomas Bailey Aldrich
(November 11, 1836 – March 19, 1907)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- This year, maryline vautravers
- Friends, maryline vautravers
- Cuba…..God's Betrayal……….Perhaps, James B. Earley
- Poem-Spectator, Tushar Ray
- True Love Never Dies, lou parks
- Untitled VII, Sierra Staten
- The unblamenesses allay wounds, Pijush Biswas
- I Move, So I Am, Tanja Henderson
- Life Dances, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Looking Kyle In the Eyes, Kyle Schlicher