I believe there is something else
entirely going on but no single
person can ever know it,
so we fall in love.
It could also be true
that what we use everyday
to open cans was something much nobler
, that we'll never recognize.
I believe the woman sleeping beside me
doesn't care about what's going on outside,
and her body is warm with trust
which is a great beginning.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Credo by Matthew Rohrer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Mother's Bond, Valentine Mbagu
- Beautiful Nubian Goddess, Lore Me34
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards