What project shall I be today?
What tools need do the job?
Draw up a plan inside my head,
All together, begin to daub.
So many lay there waiting,
Much too numerous to count,
To which is most important,
Be that one, I will surmount.
Imagination, taking hold,
Ideas lighting up the brain,
Incubated where creativity is born,
Safe inside its own domain.
A spark ignites, brand new thought,
Capacity holds on to retention,
Exploding wildly out of control,
The birth of another invention.
May seem, a sense of accomplishment,
Especially to one; simple as me,
Minor adjustments, last fine tune,
Exactly, as I thought it would be.
A picture conceived in my head,
Leading, every step of the way,
Whence it came, a sudden vision,
As an artist, forms into the clay.
Perhaps tomorrow another creation,
No matter of what’s at the ending,
My world sees an endless canvas,
Long as the flow, keeps on sending.
Nothing compared to creating life,
From where creativity long began,
Bow to the one; touched the earth
Humbled, to be part of the plan.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Creativity by G.R. Gaus )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- The World as we know, Sylvia Chidi
- Running from love, Sylvia Chidi
- Love, Dr Mohua Golder Golder
- Be young at heart, Nero CaroZiv
- And indeed death has a domain, Daisy Pereira
- Listening to the radio in the Afternoon, Angell Afinowi
- We Want Democracy, Now., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Cantus lacrimosus, Angell Afinowi
- Rest My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- Life's like a compote of the desserts, Mark Heathcote