What project shall I be today?
What tools need do the job?
Draw up a plan inside my head,
All together, begin to daub.
So many lay there waiting,
Much too numerous to count,
To which is most important,
Be that one, I will surmount.
Imagination, taking hold,
Ideas lighting up the brain,
Incubated where creativity is born,
Safe inside its own domain.
A spark ignites, brand new thought,
Capacity holds on to retention,
Exploding wildly out of control,
The birth of another invention.
May seem, a sense of accomplishment,
Especially to one; simple as me,
Minor adjustments, last fine tune,
Exactly, as I thought it would be.
A picture conceived in my head,
Leading, every step of the way,
Whence it came, a sudden vision,
As an artist, forms into the clay.
Perhaps tomorrow another creation,
No matter of what’s at the ending,
My world sees an endless canvas,
Long as the flow, keeps on sending.
Nothing compared to creating life,
From where creativity long began,
Bow to the one; touched the earth
Humbled, to be part of the plan.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Creativity by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath
- Romantic Love, The Princess
- So move, hasmukh amathalal
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola