Crawl To My Bed
Crawl to my bed tonight.
Lets be jioned together,
Body and soul.
Come in the middle of the night.
Come when no one can see.
Wait until the last cock crows,
And the fire is off the charcoal.
My father's bride,
Share with me my father's gift.
But share it absent my mother's eyes.
Crawl to my bed tonight
And have a glimpse of my father's youth,
But dont let mother see you.
My beautiful one,
We must keep our affair,
Absent notice of both spirit and men,
And wait patiently for father's passing,
Before which we commit a taboo.
Crawl to my bed
And don't let even spirits see you.
Come tonight, but
Wait until the last cock crows.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Crawl To My Bed by Precious Okidika )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Screwed for Life Club, Francie Lynch
- Let's Celebrate Life, Roxanne Dubarry
- Descendants, Akhtar Jawad
- The Heart Of A Poet, arshad arshad
- Have You Seen The Bizarre And Grotesque .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Know Like Flowing Water, Naveed Akram
- Elvis Presley, lee fones
- Catching fish, gajanan mishra
- How Do They Play The Wooden 'Been' Instr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dogs' country, Daisy Pereira