Crawl To My Bed
Crawl to my bed tonight.
Lets be jioned together,
Body and soul.
Come in the middle of the night.
Come when no one can see.
Wait until the last cock crows,
And the fire is off the charcoal.
My father's bride,
Share with me my father's gift.
But share it absent my mother's eyes.
Crawl to my bed tonight
And have a glimpse of my father's youth,
But dont let mother see you.
My beautiful one,
We must keep our affair,
Absent notice of both spirit and men,
And wait patiently for father's passing,
Before which we commit a taboo.
Crawl to my bed
And don't let even spirits see you.
Come tonight, but
Wait until the last cock crows.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Crawl To My Bed by Precious Okidika )
- The horror show., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Spring, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Love for gramma, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Cogs in Clockwork, Curtlan Popo
- The bike ride, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The morning sun., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I bleed., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Will She, Harold R Hunt Sr
- You guess, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Beat o matic., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Poetry, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)