Couples In The Rain
Sorry, folks, there's been a hoax,
That's right ma'am, it's all a scam,
You see, there's been this huge mistake,
Your marriage license is a fake...
A promise rendered, a fealty pledged
it's not as legal as alleged.
The Mayor has over-stepped his bounds,
so please, no tux and wedding gowns..
the courts have gotten paranoid
and declared your vows are null and void.
Cancel the enlightened interlude.
Back in the closet...sorry, dude!
We hope this hasn't wrecked your life,
and that of your husband, or your wife,
but you threaten traditions we all hold dear,
you've sparked a tidal wave of fear.
There will be no sympathy for you here.
Besides, you're queer,
in an election year
Lynne FincherSpringarden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Couples In The Rain by Lynne FincherSpringarden )
- Kopje onder, Madrason writer
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns