Ace Of Black Hearts
How do I describe her from a distance?
Without letting it get to personal.
Dressing up for the rehearsal.
To what I just don't know.
For to whom will it benefit.
The gathering along a smokey campfire.
Pleasantries as made up as all the rest of the lies.
Sometimes you can just tell by looking in someone eyes.
Free to the world, temptation of this pretty young woman.
In a red slink dress that wraps the body so tight.
You can see virtually all that is underneath.
You wonder what is wrong with her for she already has a boyfriend.
Yet she is swinging every which way.
Trying is this tiny little space in which there is no escape.
Getting ever smaller as the night goes on blissfully bye.
With every pass denied, a needle in the arm and the damage done.
Oh but getting delusional is so much fun.
Then why are you getting so angry when I say no and no again.
A good trip, but I'm only here temporarily.
Not for all eternity.
A helping hand to a good friend.
I barely even know you.
And the more I see the more I don't want to.
I can already feel the hate escalate.
Like I'm somehow at fault for the position you are in.
I got my own problems my new acquaintance.
And I don't put that burden upon anyone else.
Locked away high upon a hidden shelf.
Share your pain, but don't drive me insane with fire of your desire.
For in these moments it has already gotten to cold.
With statements so hypocritical upon that which you really don't know.
A deadly ego.
I wont pretend that it does not exist in this body.
I'm just trying to quell its fury.
Distance to bodies long dead and buried.
Markers upon an old grave.
Tears upon the things I truly crave.
You think you know.
You have no idea the memories this house brings back.
A haunting of ghost within the bitterness of my lonely soul.
Precious is my resistance and ability to stay in control at a time when I'm so vulnerable.
So just leave me alone.
For my life is my own.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Countless Rejections. by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Disciple, Evie Shockley
- An Ode Of The Blessed Trinitie, John Beaumont
- A Sonnet For Stanley Tookie Williams, Evie Shockley
- notes to my nieces (or, essays in fortun.., Evie Shockley
- Of The Transfiguration Of Our Lord, John Beaumont
- Of The Epiphany, John Beaumont
- statistical haiku (or, how do they disco.., Evie Shockley
- En germe, noir, Marcel Aouizerate
- The pilot, Marcel Aouizerate
- The library, Marcel Aouizerate
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- From 'The Testament of Beauty', Robert Seymour Bridges
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Moments Indulgence, Rabindranath Tagore
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)