Stars in the sky
I started counting
Lying down on
In my eyes
The large building
And the big tree
And the passing clouds
Obscured my view.
In my mind
How many stars lie
Behind those I counted?
And all those on
Other side of earth?
Can I choose
A clear night?
Can I count for days
Without losing count?
Counting looked clearly
An impossible task.
I saw in the sky
In celestial setting
Of milky way
Of northern star
Counting in the night
A breathtaking ride.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Counting Stars by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns