Stars in the sky
I started counting
Lying down on
In my eyes
The large building
And the big tree
And the passing clouds
Obscured my view.
In my mind
How many stars lie
Behind those I counted?
And all those on
Other side of earth?
Can I choose
A clear night?
Can I count for days
Without losing count?
Counting looked clearly
An impossible task.
I saw in the sky
In celestial setting
Of milky way
Of northern star
Counting in the night
A breathtaking ride.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Counting Stars by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael P. McParland
- A Song For Anne, Joseph Archer
- Peace Be With Us, Michael P. McParland
- Phantom Tear, Michael P. McParland
- Poetry..., Feride Serin
- Please, Michael P. McParland
- One More Time, Kyle Schlicher
- Please 2, Michael P. McParland
- Needful, Kyle Schlicher
- Shoes, Saiom Shriver