Counting My Blessings
I count my blessings every day, and so many prayers that I must say
I sense your presence all around, for so many people your life they’ve found
They’ve read your life and heard the praise
And their lives have surely changed.
It is not gigantic miracles that we see, but the little ones
That you give to me.
A beautiful day, a smile from a stranger, a song which is sung
A church bell that is rung, a child which found its way.by seeking you out
What more can I say.
A person in the hospital which they say is about to die.
Then believers pray and they cry – then their tears are seen
And their voices heard, and you create your miracle without a word.
You give us hope when we feel all hope is gone
But show us the way to carry on.
I am counting my blessings for all that I have
And the miracles you created for me, and for a loving family.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Counting My Blessings by louis rams )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal
- With few bucks, hasmukh amathalal
- Nature's love and hate song, Anu Shraddha
- Humanity in person, hasmukh amathalal