Counting My Blessings
I count my blessings every day, and so many prayers that I must say
I sense your presence all around, for so many people your life they’ve found
They’ve read your life and heard the praise
And their lives have surely changed.
It is not gigantic miracles that we see, but the little ones
That you give to me.
A beautiful day, a smile from a stranger, a song which is sung
A church bell that is rung, a child which found its way.by seeking you out
What more can I say.
A person in the hospital which they say is about to die.
Then believers pray and they cry – then their tears are seen
And their voices heard, and you create your miracle without a word.
You give us hope when we feel all hope is gone
But show us the way to carry on.
I am counting my blessings for all that I have
And the miracles you created for me, and for a loving family.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Counting My Blessings by louis rams )
- Falling Down, Edward Kofi Louis
- FIRST LOVE, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Hidden treasure of her beauty, ademola oluwabusayo
- जिउनि दाइरियाव,2010, Ronjoy Brahma
- not socially inclined, oskar hansen
- Goodwill To Men - Give Us Your Money, Pam Ayres
- Passion, Andrea Hegedus
- Winter Scene, Archie Randolph Ammons
- Love, Andrea Hegedus
- Glasses, RAJESH.C BOSE
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)