STANLEY PACION (Chicago, Illinois USA)
Count Slobendorf's Misfortune
He was unable to recall
When last he had seen the words,
“I love you, ” form upon her lips.
Still he had trouble facing the truth -
The woman had not cared for him.
She sought only his fortune.
She wanted his titles, home, and money.
Then one day he began to feel that time spent with her
The same as the thought of life sentence in prison.
STANLEY PACION's Other Poems
- A Common Prayer
- A Dream of You, Desert Version
- A Song for You, Etta
- Another Poem After Rumi
- Babe Ruth, Home Run Secret
- Bad Girl
- Beat It! Canal Street Lessons
- Birthday Poem, For You Etta
- Black Water, An Adaptation of a Theme fr...
- Bleeding Love
- Blues, Deep and Bad
- Breakfast Treat, A Love Poem
- By Love Beguiled
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.