Could it be?
I can barley breathe
The excitement seethes
This chance meeting
Makes my heart keep beating.
I question my worth
but I am who I am from birth.
No one can stop the train
nor keep restrain.
I will be my best
For the ultimate test.
will it be love? No one can say.
but this memory will never fray.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Could it be? by Christina Byrd )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anecdote of the Jar, Wallace Stevens
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Indian Weavers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- First Encounter - Tan Sri Clement Hii, john tiong chunghoo
- I Chose To Mickey With The Mouse, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honey-Bee Lover, Paul Sebastian
- How real is This Truth?, michael walkerjohn
- What Bhagavad Gita is not, Bashyam Narayanan
- Sold, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie
- God's Hands Of Love, Tom Zart
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser