Cotton In The Sky
As every wave is change for the sea
So is every gust of wind for the sky.
The day was warm and the wind had gathered pace
I was sitting and looking into apparently empty space.
As I started to fiddle with buttons
I noticed the sky filled with cotton.
Scattered zig-zag from horizon to horizon,
So audacious, they even hid the sun.
I watched them seemingly unmoving and still,
Just like a little girl’s frock of frills.
They spanned the whole sky and played on it like pearls
Broken away from a princess’s crown above her curls.
It felt like heaven to feel the breeze and stare unblinking at them
I wouldn’t have minded even if the world had come to an end:
Then and there. My day was good but wasn’t complete
Wish you were here with me was my wish discrete.
I soon got the opportunity to be wit you
As from behind a tree you appeared in my view.
You were with me and you made my day
Being with you just makes me wanna shout hurray.
As the cotton in the sky flew away,
To return as cotton candy some other day.
I sat and wondered about nature’s unique ploy
The sky was you and cotton, I.
Isabella Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cotton In The Sky by Isabella Francis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Solitary song, gajanan mishra
- To Sleep I Go, Michael P. McParland
- Beneath The Joy, Margaret Moran
- This funny thing called Snow, Angell Afinowi
- One Last Chance, Abby Bilan
- Love Note 9, Michael P. McParland
- Lamentation of the Weak, Abby Bilan
- Love so unkempt..., Kenneth Maswabi
- morning conversation, oskar hansen
- Rescued, Ima Ryma