Cotton In The Sky
As every wave is change for the sea
So is every gust of wind for the sky.
The day was warm and the wind had gathered pace
I was sitting and looking into apparently empty space.
As I started to fiddle with buttons
I noticed the sky filled with cotton.
Scattered zig-zag from horizon to horizon,
So audacious, they even hid the sun.
I watched them seemingly unmoving and still,
Just like a little girl’s frock of frills.
They spanned the whole sky and played on it like pearls
Broken away from a princess’s crown above her curls.
It felt like heaven to feel the breeze and stare unblinking at them
I wouldn’t have minded even if the world had come to an end:
Then and there. My day was good but wasn’t complete
Wish you were here with me was my wish discrete.
I soon got the opportunity to be wit you
As from behind a tree you appeared in my view.
You were with me and you made my day
Being with you just makes me wanna shout hurray.
As the cotton in the sky flew away,
To return as cotton candy some other day.
I sat and wondered about nature’s unique ploy
The sky was you and cotton, I.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cotton In The Sky by Isabella Francis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wolf in the Heart, mazHur Butt
- I burped after I wrote this, Jena Crowe
- REMOVE Jefferson Carter, Richard Thripp
- Damned if I do damned if you don't, Mark Heathcote
- Black Gloves, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Even though late, hasmukh amathalal
- What a curtain Bisbee has, Amy Michelle Mosier
- The Shockers, Sandra Feldman
- Rather than talking to walls, Amy Michelle Mosier
- July 11,1991, Amy Michelle Mosier