Cool Cat Blues
Once you were my favorite cat.
But then you made me cry.
What's a little bird to do.
But lift her wings and fly.
You really are a very cool cat.
A Gold card member of the cool cat group.
You really should be more selective.
Of who you invite for soup.
I am so relieved that cats can't fly.
And that's how its got to stand.
I only fly with other birds.
Who accept me as I am.
Lynne FincherSpringarden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cool Cat Blues by Lynne FincherSpringarden )
- Eunuch, arshad arshad
- Messengers Of The Heart, Tom Zart
- Letting Go, Phil Soar
- bury this six feet under your eyelids, Mandolyn ...
- Alighting From Despair, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Life Is Awakened, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Island Grassland, George Egba
- BEWILDERED, Joseph Ndawula
- Desert Flowers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ****~CONSANGUINITY~****, Amit Ray
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Rose that Grew from Concrete, Tupac Shakur
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)