Cooking for you
if I had to cooking for you
first I have to think of you
and make you special to me
you will be my first special dish
I would not get through the kitchen
there....oh! Just a excuse....
but i'll be at the dining room
waiting for you....
i would open the door
with snacks and wine and one heart so tight
and a breath so contain displayed on my face
that you'll smile....
and introduced you in my life....
and a beautiful table to delight
two candles, the old china
two glasses of wine
~ could be a Chablis~
the only one I like
as you i think....
I would ask you to choose the music
and maybe we dance
in a trance....
one of the 70 or 80
i dont know if is because you are so close to me
your scent... all is new in you...
i'll poured so much salt,
because you are so beautiful on this suit
that the shrimp, will be cremated
i dont know....
better we dance and enjoy
this smoke.... could be our mist
fogged eyes, cold hands, touching for the first time
beating heart, blush on my face....
love for tonight it is not so bad is not?
salted and burned
not...not so bad
Poetheart Morgan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'Having a Coke With You, ' by Frank O'Hara
Comments about this poem (Cooking for you by Poetheart Morgan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- an i like you that way - sweetest thing .., sEaN nOrTh
- Longing, Michael P. McParland
- The Home Here And Hereafter., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- American As Apple Pie?, carol carter
- The Final Litmus Test, michael walkerjohn
- The ascent of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- no one's favorite..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- आज आंसू बहाओ - Suffering, yashovardhan kulkarni
- I loved you more than enough.., Rene Perera
- The victory of peace and truth., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..