Cooking for you
if I had to cooking for you
first I have to think of you
and make you special to me
you will be my first special dish
I would not get through the kitchen
there....oh! Just a excuse....
but i'll be at the dining room
waiting for you....
i would open the door
with snacks and wine and one heart so tight
and a breath so contain displayed on my face
that you'll smile....
and introduced you in my life....
and a beautiful table to delight
two candles, the old china
two glasses of wine
~ could be a Chablis~
the only one I like
as you i think....
I would ask you to choose the music
and maybe we dance
in a trance....
one of the 70 or 80
i dont know if is because you are so close to me
your scent... all is new in you...
i'll poured so much salt,
because you are so beautiful on this suit
that the shrimp, will be cremated
i dont know....
better we dance and enjoy
this smoke.... could be our mist
fogged eyes, cold hands, touching for the first time
beating heart, blush on my face....
love for tonight it is not so bad is not?
salted and burned
not...not so bad
Poetheart (back)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'Having a Coke With You, ' by Frank O'Hara
Comments about this poem (Cooking for you by Poetheart (back) )
- AK-47, Edward Kofi Louis
- Poem for Dwayne, Jenny Santiago
- Raschid, Edward Kofi Louis
- Cupcake capers, Roann Mendriq
- Dschamila, Edward Kofi Louis
- Scattered dreams, gajanan mishra
- The Glow on the Outback Hill, David Lewis Paget
- God's Kind of Poetry, Diane Hine
- Whole world enjoys with this pain,, Aftab Alam
- Epitaph, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)