Jumping up at the first gleam of something bright,
You say those eyes are your world today.
Now you're starring back shaking your head,
Saying those eyes never meant a thing.
Contradictions can break your soul,
Just as quick as the gleam you once saw,
Now you are saying those eyes have you hooked like never before,
But it's all lies.
She had read right through,
Right through your heart from the start.
Now you are a fool,
You are a fool for believing you could ever play her,
Ohh she's smarter then you'll ever give her credit for,
So open your eyes and realize your lies,
They just are not worth the time of day.
Casandra Vice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Contradiction. by Casandra Vice )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dream along imagination, Okunuga Olanreywaju
- red light zone, lee fones
- A FOLK SONG اغنية فولكلورية JESSIE MACKAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Like food, hasmukh amathalal
- Earth's surface, gajanan mishra
- Lost, Tiku akp
- The Spider and the Spray Can Man, Donal Mahoney
- Your Emerald Eyes, Francie Lynch
- The Truth Is Not Blind, Wilfred Mellers
- Intuition, Violet Winters