'I didn't know'
Is what she says
'I'm so sorry'
I can't stand
To listen anymore
All I want to do
Is walk out the door
Her eyes search mine
Probably for some sign
That I accept
My gaze remains blank
I stare straight ahead
She is the reason
My brothers now dead.
She says they were driving
'A little drunk...'
'But not enough
For it to happen'
Her gaze drifts from mine
Tears pool in her eyes
'I swear I didn't mean...'
The tears slide down her cheeks
Her eyes look at the ground weakly
I want to comfort her
I really do
But I wouldn't know where to start
Or if I could find it in my heart to.
Kelsey Martinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Consequences by Kelsey Martinson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)
- Neon Sign, Alan W. Jankowski
- Party Favors, Alan W. Jankowski
- Let Me Be The One, Alan W. Jankowski