'I didn't know'
Is what she says
'I'm so sorry'
I can't stand
To listen anymore
All I want to do
Is walk out the door
Her eyes search mine
Probably for some sign
That I accept
My gaze remains blank
I stare straight ahead
She is the reason
My brothers now dead.
She says they were driving
'A little drunk...'
'But not enough
For it to happen'
Her gaze drifts from mine
Tears pool in her eyes
'I swear I didn't mean...'
The tears slide down her cheeks
Her eyes look at the ground weakly
I want to comfort her
I really do
But I wouldn't know where to start
Or if I could find it in my heart to.
Kelsey Martinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Consequences by Kelsey Martinson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Smell the RosesT, Bill Cantrell
- I Invited You To Visit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A New Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak