nadia abduljabbar (25/5/1957 / Makkah)
Every time I give,
I get instead
Of a hug,
Or a kiss,
A slap on the face,
A hit on the head,
A stab in the back,
Thus to live,
I turn my back
To the living
Like a defeated king.
Why is this?
Because the human conscience
(Women with Wings)
Published in poemhunter on
Poet Other Poems
- A Highbrow Feast: Al Gefry, Al Azhry, Al...
- Adultry is fine, But Marriage is a Crime...
- Alhabib Ali Algifry
- Amman My Unrequited Love
- An Apology: To All My Readers
- An Arabic Woman & The English Countrysid...
- Astounding ‘Alem’; Scholar Osama Alazhar...
- Astounding Osama Alazhary(2) : A Walkin...
- 'Aywa'; Oh Yes: I Like Iowa
- Banking Language and God or Allah
- Before it is Too Late, Find for yourself...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.