Confused (Fun Poem 142)
Woke up this morning
with the wrong head on,
kept thinking it was a day
that hadn’t yet gone.
Must have had a bit too much
to drink last night,
but I’ve never known tea
to affect me like that before,
maybe it was one too many sugars.
However, I had my breakfast
and my mind began to clear.
I know what day it is now,
or at least I think I do.
Maybe tomorrow it will be clear,
but if not, I’ll get up
on the other side of the bed.
If that doesn’t help
I’ll just go back to bed
and wait for Monday,
whenever that will be.
13 April 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confused (Fun Poem 142) by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- .....? ...? ..... Traveling To Meet A Mi.., Is It Poetry
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
- Alone again, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- [Challenge] Entrees for September (Disqu.., Brian Johnston
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
- From The Balcony, Heather Burns
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)