Confused (Fun Poem 142)
Woke up this morning
with the wrong head on,
kept thinking it was a day
that hadn’t yet gone.
Must have had a bit too much
to drink last night,
but I’ve never known tea
to affect me like that before,
maybe it was one too many sugars.
However, I had my breakfast
and my mind began to clear.
I know what day it is now,
or at least I think I do.
Maybe tomorrow it will be clear,
but if not, I’ll get up
on the other side of the bed.
If that doesn’t help
I’ll just go back to bed
and wait for Monday,
whenever that will be.
13 April 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confused (Fun Poem 142) by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ku mund ta gjej demonin e arsyes? ....., skender iljaz braka
- Music is a miracle..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Irresistible Sweetness, kayanja isaac
- Not a journey by train, Stephen Brian Brady
- आंखौ दाबावदे सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- No Choice, Elia Michael
- Bury My Unwillingness, Margaret Alice Second
- An advice, Somanathan Iyer
- Too long, too short, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Its been four months now, Vangile Mtyali