Ace Of Black Hearts
Conforming To The Life On The City Streets.
A gruff old man with his thumb out.
Walk the dusty trail.
In debt to no one.
The land is his playground.
No one location that special or that important.
Migration, to where he sees fit.
Where his feet can carry him.
A war vet in a past life.
Personal possessions are only what he can carry on his back.
No dependence on anyone specifically.
Help and handouts along the way.
Fortunes of the gray.
Pitied because they have less.
But sometimes they are happy with it.
You'll find peace not not by being rich but having happiness.
It beyond some people imagination why he chooses that way.
Comfort in not being in debt to anyone.
Comfort only having what he needs nothing more, nothing less.
Living by a campfire almost everyday and night.
Answering to no one except god and himself.
Working for who he wants, when he wants.
A choice, in given work that is temporary most of the time anyways.
Instead of losing it in a year or two, he moves on in a month.
A traveler, a drifter.
When he returns, he will have new stories to tell.
Living it the hardest way.
But no one even knows his name.
He is avoided when comes into town.
Society has no place for a survivalist.
Someone who respects the land and ecology.
Someone non violent and all about peace and love.
There a dying breed.
The hippies of seventies.
Today they are just not the same.
Too many drugs, too many laws.
Hook and book'em.
Thrown in the city jail.
Rehabilitation means to teach you how to be a criminal.
How to best rip off another human being.
Prisons are a problem not the solution.
Maybe if we leave this man be, leave his dignity intacted we would be better off.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Conforming To The Life On The City Streets. by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Only witness, gajanan mishra
- My Life, Ivan Christabel Prashant
- 수원 ANMA☞０１０▼５９３３▼０４３７☜수원 ANMA, zczx zxczxc
- Dreams, Daisy Pereira
- Beauty of Care, Rohit Sapra
- 수원 ANMA MASSAJE ♠♠010 ５９４６ ０３７７♠♠수원[수원] .., zczx zxczxc
- 수원[수원] ANMA수원[수원] AN, zczx zxczxc
- A Spray of Water: Tanka [one narcissus], Chimako Tada
- And water lies plainly, Laurie Sheck
- Three Little Words, Adam Wilson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)