It is not pride,
It is belief in your self-
That you CAN DO, WHAT OTHERS THINK YOU CAN'T!
The best accessory a girl can own;
The best ever make up you could ever wear;
The first requisite to great undertakings,
It is pursuing your dreams,
Not letting anyone say that you can't be something-
But it is making them fear your abilities…
It is answering the question-
Who am I? as -
The feeling of wearing an INVISIBLE CROWN,
When someone pulls you down when -
You know you are at YOUR BEST!
It is feeling young,
Even when you are responsible parents of teenagers!
That which creates YOUR SELF…
The ability to feel and look beautiful,
Even when someone talks the worst of your looks;
It is the belief that what is not right today -
Is going to be right someday; eventually
It is not changing your self,
For confidence resides only in GOOD HEARTS…
It is shunning your ears to the
Inner voice of fear,
And welcoming THE HIGHER SELF OF WILL POWER!
It is continuing to do your best,
In spite of not getting credit for it.
It is saying-I am perfectly me,
Though you call me imperfect!
It is being humble in your attitude,
And courageous in your behavior…
It is that which weakens your enemies' will power,
Shattering down their plots…
It is facing life with strength,
For once you loose-
It becomes a habit.
The foundation for success and achievements-
That which makes yours HATERS-
YOUR SECRET FANS!
It is that which makes you feel;
The entire world admires you,
Magnifies the universe against you!
It is not fitting into harsh situations,
But paving your own path,
TO STAND OUT!
Challenging your opponent's mind-
Here is a tough force to reckon with!
It is that which makes your critics,
Feel down in your presence…
It is sparkling out when someone dulls you;
It is the eventful story of your success,
Of you bouncing back, amid adversities;
It is that which invites envy from many;
And love for some!
It is saying-
I CAN…WATCH OUT-
When others say you can't!
It is thinking about what you think of your self,
Rather than what others think of you!
That which makes a woman beautiful even;
When she gets up with a messy hair,
Sans make up, discharging her daily duties,
It is the most precious jewel ‘
Every woman ought to have,
It is contagious dear women,
Catch it and spread it!
Enjoy THE WOMANHOOD!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CONFIDENCE by Uma Ram )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael P. McParland
- Forgive Me Please, Michael P. McParland
- Concentrate On The Game, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come Join Me?, Michael P. McParland
- Come Hold Me, Michael P. McParland
- Come Be With Me, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas, Michael P. McParland
- Change And Hope? What A Joke., Michael P. McParland
- Candy, Michael P. McParland
- Can I Belong?, Michael P. McParland