Richard G Lewis
Asking myself, does it make sense
Seeing our future with confidence
Would it make much more sense
To believe in bitter experience
Are we doomed to fail? We always do
No hope for me, no hope for you?
Surely it makes much more sense
Believing in past experience
Why did we fail? Have we explored?
Were we too crazy, were we bored?
Were we impatient or over expectant?
Under committed and sadly complacent?
Surely we’ve learned, surely we’ve changed
From the painful lessons our lives arranged
That tested us and helped us address
Self-awareness and mindfulness
To me at least it makes total sense
Built on foundations of experience
Moving forward together with mindfulness
Viewing our future with confidence
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Confidence by Richard G Lewis )
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart
- ages, Howard MacDougall