Richard G Lewis
Asking myself, does it make sense
Seeing our future with confidence
Would it make much more sense
To believe in bitter experience
Are we doomed to fail? We always do
No hope for me, no hope for you?
Surely it makes much more sense
Believing in past experience
Why did we fail? Have we explored?
Were we too crazy, were we bored?
Were we impatient or over expectant?
Under committed and sadly complacent?
Surely we’ve learned, surely we’ve changed
From the painful lessons our lives arranged
That tested us and helped us address
Self-awareness and mindfulness
To me at least it makes total sense
Built on foundations of experience
Moving forward together with mindfulness
Viewing our future with confidence
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Confidence by Richard G Lewis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Survivor's Guilt, Roy Blokker
- Right or wrong!, Mark Heathcote
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman