Confession Of A Schoolboy
This guy in my classroom remarked one day
That he wanted less of house time.
And the teachers were surprised at this say.
They considered him to be sublime
Though falsely, of course. He
Said he wanted more hours by the clock
To mingle with the She.
The teachers howled wildly. 'Walk
Out of here right now.'
Said The master to the boy.
And the lad with an ahoy,
Told the master, 'I'm not your toy.'
'You have time to mingle'
Said the teacher. 'But sir,
Tis not enough to mingle.
I want to love more of her.'
And out the master sent the lad
For he spoke his mind crystal clear
Though his reply made the master mad.
And thus the lad couldn't pull the lass near.
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confession Of A Schoolboy by Devanshi Khetarpal )
- So Into Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What's The Use?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Little Taquerias, Gouda Moon
- She's a Taxicab, Gouda Moon
- Fire-Flies, Saheb Mohapatra
- honneur, xxx xxx
- Take a bit less, gajanan mishra
- Right To Die, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Block them, hasmukh amathalal
- Milk and wine, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)