Confession Of A Schoolboy
This guy in my classroom remarked one day
That he wanted less of house time.
And the teachers were surprised at this say.
They considered him to be sublime
Though falsely, of course. He
Said he wanted more hours by the clock
To mingle with the She.
The teachers howled wildly. 'Walk
Out of here right now.'
Said The master to the boy.
And the lad with an ahoy,
Told the master, 'I'm not your toy.'
'You have time to mingle'
Said the teacher. 'But sir,
Tis not enough to mingle.
I want to love more of her.'
And out the master sent the lad
For he spoke his mind crystal clear
Though his reply made the master mad.
And thus the lad couldn't pull the lass near.
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confession Of A Schoolboy by Devanshi Khetarpal )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(August 5, 1934)
Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Blue Roses, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie