Confession Of A Schoolboy
This guy in my classroom remarked one day
That he wanted less of house time.
And the teachers were surprised at this say.
They considered him to be sublime
Though falsely, of course. He
Said he wanted more hours by the clock
To mingle with the She.
The teachers howled wildly. 'Walk
Out of here right now.'
Said The master to the boy.
And the lad with an ahoy,
Told the master, 'I'm not your toy.'
'You have time to mingle'
Said the teacher. 'But sir,
Tis not enough to mingle.
I want to love more of her.'
And out the master sent the lad
For he spoke his mind crystal clear
Though his reply made the master mad.
And thus the lad couldn't pull the lass near.
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confession Of A Schoolboy by Devanshi Khetarpal )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Holly Moon
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)