Everything has a beginning,
you and I.
We're only a breath in the grand scheme of things,
and who one earth really knows where we go from here
when the worms inherit our flesh.
It's a horrible feeling to imagine, a lake of fire could be
where you're bound to, for the moronic way you lived,
to be with all the other morons
from the very first moron of the human race,
there moaning, gnashing their teeth.
Imagine when you crossover
a winged creature shining like a star
will be there to greet you
to hand you a one way ticket to hell,
where the fire is inexhaustible,
and every vile and evil being
ever existed since the origin of man
will be there screaming in torment,
imagine you might be rubbing elbows with them.
Maybe you're not a moron,
though you lived at times like one,
for the most part you been a goody two-shoes,
and for that you think you deserve to enter through
those big ass pearly gates when you leave this world,
where man from the cross will be there standing, smiling
all hippie-like, to show you your mansion he promised
for being one of his sheep.
Why won't it be a tipi,
or a shack like the shack you grew-up in,
who's to know if the mansion
isn't just an adobe hut?
Maybe we'll just end-up little lights.
manny moreno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confession by manny moreno )
- engulfed in your flesh, Billie Lynn Minear
- recyclops, ramon lvdiaz
- Ideal or Real, immanuel santos
- clear as mud, Mandolyn ...
- Burma war, lee fones
- Nexus in open, hasmukh amathalal
- There are veins of gold embedded, Little Eagle McGowan
- Yours Desire for High Sky, Aftab Alam
- Oh, The Cautious Heart, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Torrential Downpour, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1927)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)