Absence of understanding that the past
can’t be applied to future trends dismays.
Conditions change. Tomorrow's dawn displays
multilevel windows, links too fast
create new interfaces, leave aghast
those who'd draw back where subtle interplays
call for advance, dice chance and novel ways
to seek, must earn earn in manner multicast.
Gust sweeps away lust's dust, no cultures last
pride pays Time's price though fool 'stop icon' prays.
All evolves, kite flies from tethered stays
unstrung by unexpected stormy blast.
What brave new world can dam the winds of change?
That some presume themselves immune seems strange!
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Conditions Change by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Opportune Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Yesterday's Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone's History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On a Love Train, Tosin Abegunde
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I COUNT FROM ONE TO TWENTY EASILY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery