Absence of understanding that the past
can’t be applied to future trends dismays.
Conditions change. Tomorrow's dawn displays
multilevel windows, links too fast
create new interfaces, leave aghast
those who'd draw back where subtle interplays
call for advance, dice chance and novel ways
to seek, must earn earn in manner multicast.
Gust sweeps away lust's dust, no cultures last
pride pays Time's price though fool 'stop icon' prays.
All evolves, kite flies from tethered stays
unstrung by unexpected stormy blast.
What brave new world can dam the winds of change?
That some presume themselves immune seems strange!
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Conditions Change by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- affix me to your infinity, Mandolyn ...
- One Entire Little Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Young people, hasmukh amathalal
- The lesson, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- Violence in silence, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Conscience, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Compassionate Bondage, Monk E. Biz
- Flowers on my feet, Cigeng Zhang
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson