My concern is this.
If I am traveling overseas,
Sampling other teas,
Am I not safe at an American Embassy?
If temperatures an conflict should rise,
And, I an American can’t disguise.
And, I see enemy aircraft in the skies.
Where is it that I take my family?
To prevent personal tragedy,
What should be my strategy?
As a mother of a young daughter,
I really want to know.
How I can protect her.
From a violent world,
She’s such a young girl.
Innocent to a strange new world,
How can I protect my daughter?
After what happened in Benghazi,
My faith in America is a little hazy.
Not to our military.
And their bravery,
But to their Commander of Chief
I’m not going for political slander.
I’m just a mother searching for relief.
This is my strong parental belief.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
By, Patricia Kriegel-Kelley
Comments about this poem (Concerned American by Patricia Kelley )
- Money plays, hasmukh amathalal
- Thinking's Mates, michael walkerjohn
- translate button on blouse, Havilah
- BEAUTY, BUT NOT BEAUTIFUL, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Beauty Of Song, Eve Carter
- WHINING FAITH, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Savoring Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Integrity, Hans Raj Sharma
- In The Bosom of The Fire Is The Mystery, Little Eagle McGowan
- Would you still make love to me?, The Princess is
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)