My concern is this.
If I am traveling overseas,
Sampling other teas,
Am I not safe at an American Embassy?
If temperatures an conflict should rise,
And, I an American can’t disguise.
And, I see enemy aircraft in the skies.
Where is it that I take my family?
To prevent personal tragedy,
What should be my strategy?
As a mother of a young daughter,
I really want to know.
How I can protect her.
From a violent world,
She’s such a young girl.
Innocent to a strange new world,
How can I protect my daughter?
After what happened in Benghazi,
My faith in America is a little hazy.
Not to our military.
And their bravery,
But to their Commander of Chief
I’m not going for political slander.
I’m just a mother searching for relief.
This is my strong parental belief.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
By, Patricia Kriegel-Kelley
Comments about this poem (Concerned American by Patricia Kelley )
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- to the one who reads me every day on pur.., Mandolyn ...
- to the one who reads me every day, on ac.., Mandolyn ...
- WE POOR VICTIMs, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Weekend thrill., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Just Before Dawn, Tosin Abegunde
- School., Harold R Hunt Sr
- One's greed leads to one's ugly and gree.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- When will I grow up?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Good Poem, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)