Omar Osman Jabak
They say silence gives consent.
It is true especially of a tyrant.
When people obey his evil deeds,
And rival to please his sinful needs,
He then parts with the human soul,
And answers only his rapacious call.
If they keep their disgraceful silence,
He goes beyond any viable riddance.
He is not to blame for his massacres
As they granted him god-like powers.
It takes God to bring him down,
And rid the people of his crown.
Omar Osman Jabak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Complicit Silence by Omar Osman Jabak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- No One Comes, Michael McParland
- Never Ending, Michael McParland
- When the Heart Skips a Beat, Danusha Marie
- Nervous Wreck, Michael McParland
- Need Not, Michael McParland
- Need, Michael McParland
- My Sweet Angel Dove, Michael McParland
- My Soul, Michael McParland
- My Last Gasp, Michael McParland
- Pond, Ronald Chapman