I often seem to get lost,
On the internet, and there is a cost,
To me in time wasted, wandering,
Getting nowhere, just meandering,
Through the inter-connective links,
Where I learn a bit of how humanity thinks,
But when you are fifty and more,
I have to wonder what is this for?
Why do a billion people today,
Want to live their lives in this way?
Why can we not speak face to face?
Communicate like a civilised race,
By going round to our friend's house,
Instead of merely clicking this infernal mouse.
Tom Higgins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Communications Breakdown? by Tom Higgins )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fairyland, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Babul ki Dua, Akhtar Jawad
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmia Uppu
- overleg, co the skipper
- Borders, ' Phony Scandals' and Burgers, Sandra Feldman
- Electric Love, Electric Lady
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmia Uppu
- Invited To Explore, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Only One Way That Can Be Interpreted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ANNE FRANK FANTASIZES, jack peachum