Eleven o´clock in the forenoon I had been to my
doctor and was going into the nearest cafe for
a coffee, but soon the city dwellers filled the place
with the smell of unmade beds, uncombed hair
and the despair of lonely nights. The fresh bun I was
eating absorbed it all and I could not eat it.
Many people live in cold rooms, have no gas and
kitchens are full dirty pots and pans.
Apathy sets in personal hygiene suffers, why bother?
Sleeping in the same beddings for weeks, socks and
underwear grimy and soiled, which results in fatigue
of the mind. Self-esteem is replaced by self-loathing,
unless someone speaks up or bangs pot lids together
their life will be short, empty of pleasure and light.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Common Ailment by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Hanging above the blue, Janet Armstrong
- Truth in Prose, Patrick van der Loos
- Mindless Muddle, alex sarich
- The Autistic Land (Sonnet), Maria Magdalena Biela
- Love is love....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ode, Morgan Michaels
- Milk, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A ROBBER'S UGLY ORDEALS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To meet each other, Tiku akp
- Maintain That Level Of Decorum, Ronell Warren Alman