Eleven o´clock in the forenoon I had been to my
doctor and was going into the nearest cafe for
a coffee, but soon the city dwellers filled the place
with the smell of unmade beds, uncombed hair
and the despair of lonely nights. The fresh bun I was
eating absorbed it all and I could not eat it.
Many people live in cold rooms, have no gas and
kitchens are full dirty pots and pans.
Apathy sets in personal hygiene suffers, why bother?
Sleeping in the same beddings for weeks, socks and
underwear grimy and soiled, which results in fatigue
of the mind. Self-esteem is replaced by self-loathing,
unless someone speaks up or bangs pot lids together
their life will be short, empty of pleasure and light.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Common Ailment by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I turned the lock, You hold the key, Karen Thornburg
- Confusion, Karen Thornburg
- A BEST FRIEND, DIVYANSH SHRIVASTAVA
- ode to ayodeji, ademola oluwabusayo
- Changes change what?, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- You are an angel, salma. torrez
- Stillness, SALINI NAIR
- Cleared Of Negativity, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Silence breaker, SALINI NAIR
- I Died in My Dream Last Night, Monk E. Biz