'COMMITTING SUICIDE ON THE INSIDE'
What if a light worker committed suicide in confined walls
wouldn’t that had been a depressing thing for us all?
A light worker can bring light and change from the outside
a light worker can’t do it when stuck and ostracized.
Yes, thank the bond company for letting me out on bond
thank money that I had for we would be worse off.
Does the system start with sheriff who can just willingly so
put an innocent behind bars while the deceitful one is let go.
This is happened to many times
where innocent people who have not committed a crime.
Are put in to the system that says fight after your out
this is not justice I say with a shout.
So prayer now for things to change
we have to change this planetary game—
Of punishment before investigation
of someone who could have been framed.
Or the one who shot to defend his life from
a person who is totally insane.
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on Easter, March 31,2013
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('COMMITTING SUICIDE ON THE INSIDE' by Suzanna Chevalier )
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well; well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
- broad boy souffle, derrick foster
- PH: Nature: Canoeing The Mississippi - P.., Brian Johnston
- Steps Of Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Whispers Of Ancient Parables, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 3, Frank Avon
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns