'COMMITTING SUICIDE ON THE INSIDE'
What if a light worker committed suicide in confined walls
wouldn’t that had been a depressing thing for us all?
A light worker can bring light and change from the outside
a light worker can’t do it when stuck and ostracized.
Yes, thank the bond company for letting me out on bond
thank money that I had for we would be worse off.
Does the system start with sheriff who can just willingly so
put an innocent behind bars while the deceitful one is let go.
This is happened to many times
where innocent people who have not committed a crime.
Are put in to the system that says fight after your out
this is not justice I say with a shout.
So prayer now for things to change
we have to change this planetary game—
Of punishment before investigation
of someone who could have been framed.
Or the one who shot to defend his life from
a person who is totally insane.
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on Easter, March 31,2013
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('COMMITTING SUICIDE ON THE INSIDE' by Suzanna Chevalier )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is Blue, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Song of Yuletide Night, Sir Toby Moses
- Another Jungle Pool, Denis Martindale
- Buy Me, My Love, Tom Navarro
- Words mean nothing, Angie Sous
- Not for his sake ليس من اجله, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Final Destination, Tushar Ray
- Our city's curfew, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- No regrets, george albot