There is a problem, I face,
One that I cannot erase.
It is in my blood, in my genes.
One that, I could have not foreseen.
I AM.. COMMA HAPPY!
Whenever I write, or type
My teacher looks and gripes
To many commas! are you insane!
You’ve got commas written on your brains!
Every essay, every story written
By commas many, it is smitten.
It’s a full international invasion, of grammar
Hitting hard with it’s dictatorial hammer.
I am.. Comma happy.
Things are written in my head
Stories, poems essays or dramas
The similarities of all, one I cannot stall, is that they all include a full helping of commas!
I am in need of deep therapy and aid
Before the commas go on another raid
Every time my grade dips from too many grammatical mistakes
My heart and soul keens and aches.
Before it is too late, before I pick up pencil or pen
Help! Before I comma again!
Ryan Brodesser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Comma happy by Ryan Brodesser )
- The sacrifice, Mark Heathcote
- ये कैसा शहर है, Aftab Alam
- कुछ कह नहीं पाता, Aftab Alam
- Jadavpur University Campus A Heaven For .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friends and foes, gajanan mishra
- Out There, Fatima Nusairat
- Immortal world, gajanan mishra
- Soulful smile, ramesh rai
- Perfection, Donnie Wolff
- Defiled, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)