There is a problem, I face,
One that I cannot erase.
It is in my blood, in my genes.
One that, I could have not foreseen.
I AM.. COMMA HAPPY!
Whenever I write, or type
My teacher looks and gripes
To many commas! are you insane!
You’ve got commas written on your brains!
Every essay, every story written
By commas many, it is smitten.
It’s a full international invasion, of grammar
Hitting hard with it’s dictatorial hammer.
I am.. Comma happy.
Things are written in my head
Stories, poems essays or dramas
The similarities of all, one I cannot stall, is that they all include a full helping of commas!
I am in need of deep therapy and aid
Before the commas go on another raid
Every time my grade dips from too many grammatical mistakes
My heart and soul keens and aches.
Before it is too late, before I pick up pencil or pen
Help! Before I comma again!
Ryan Brodesser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Comma happy by Ryan Brodesser )
- Wonder, shafeeqrahman rahman
- Disguised, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shuffling, ramesh rai
- Clouds., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The whooper, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The flood., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I can't sleep at night., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Matter Has No Matter, Curtlan Popo
- The snow is pretty., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The bells do ring., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Rider, Naomi Shihab Nye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Naomi Shihab Nye
(12 March 1952)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)