There is a problem, I face,
One that I cannot erase.
It is in my blood, in my genes.
One that, I could have not foreseen.
I AM.. COMMA HAPPY!
Whenever I write, or type
My teacher looks and gripes
To many commas! are you insane!
You’ve got commas written on your brains!
Every essay, every story written
By commas many, it is smitten.
It’s a full international invasion, of grammar
Hitting hard with it’s dictatorial hammer.
I am.. Comma happy.
Things are written in my head
Stories, poems essays or dramas
The similarities of all, one I cannot stall, is that they all include a full helping of commas!
I am in need of deep therapy and aid
Before the commas go on another raid
Every time my grade dips from too many grammatical mistakes
My heart and soul keens and aches.
Before it is too late, before I pick up pencil or pen
Help! Before I comma again!
Ryan Brodesser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Comma happy by Ryan Brodesser )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Ahmed Nadeem Qasmi
(20 November 1916 - 10 July 2006)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser
- She Stuck Her Butt Out At Me..., wanderer sailor
- Nine Views of the Huangshan, Paul Hartal
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Autumn, Leong Ming Loong
- Colors, Tom Squires
- वक्त का तकाजा है vakt ka takaaja hai, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lesson Learnt, Leong Ming Loong
- Pleasantries (Ghazal), Akhtar Jawad