There is a problem, I face,
One that I cannot erase.
It is in my blood, in my genes.
One that, I could have not foreseen.
I AM.. COMMA HAPPY!
Whenever I write, or type
My teacher looks and gripes
To many commas! are you insane!
You’ve got commas written on your brains!
Every essay, every story written
By commas many, it is smitten.
It’s a full international invasion, of grammar
Hitting hard with it’s dictatorial hammer.
I am.. Comma happy.
Things are written in my head
Stories, poems essays or dramas
The similarities of all, one I cannot stall, is that they all include a full helping of commas!
I am in need of deep therapy and aid
Before the commas go on another raid
Every time my grade dips from too many grammatical mistakes
My heart and soul keens and aches.
Before it is too late, before I pick up pencil or pen
Help! Before I comma again!
Ryan Brodesser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Comma happy by Ryan Brodesser )
- Colorless Light, Sandra Feldman
- The ragged men of Indian English poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thoughts, nicholle gibson
- PH: Sin: The Wages Of Sin, Brian Johnston
- Ideals Envisioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- America Radicalized, Is It Poetry
- Just before Midnight, Frank Avon
- I and I, Daniel Erdner
- Love: Don't Bargain, Aftab Alam
- War is lust and Peace is Love,, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)