There is a problem, I face,
One that I cannot erase.
It is in my blood, in my genes.
One that, I could have not foreseen.
I AM.. COMMA HAPPY!
Whenever I write, or type
My teacher looks and gripes
To many commas! are you insane!
You’ve got commas written on your brains!
Every essay, every story written
By commas many, it is smitten.
It’s a full international invasion, of grammar
Hitting hard with it’s dictatorial hammer.
I am.. Comma happy.
Things are written in my head
Stories, poems essays or dramas
The similarities of all, one I cannot stall, is that they all include a full helping of commas!
I am in need of deep therapy and aid
Before the commas go on another raid
Every time my grade dips from too many grammatical mistakes
My heart and soul keens and aches.
Before it is too late, before I pick up pencil or pen
Help! Before I comma again!
Ryan Brodesser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Comma happy by Ryan Brodesser )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath