Colors of Loneliness
A Haiku Sequence
a corridor that runs
off into infinity
'Mom! I'm coming home'
the attic and I share
a day of rest
from myself and my shadow
the smell of formalin
the wind out of me
New Year's dinner for one
I pick up the chopsticks
and yet … and yet …
1 The Mid-Autumn Festival, also known as the Moon Festival in the West, is a popular harvest festival celebrated by the Chinese people, and it is held on the 15th day of the 8th month in the Chinese calendar, during a full moon.
2'formalin: a clear solution of formaldehyde in water. A 37% solution is used for fixing and preserving biologic specimens for pathologic and histologic examination.'
Poet Other Poems
- A Bittersweet Year of Travel, A Haiku Se...
- A Day at the Festival: A Haiku Sequence
- A Day in Her Shadowy Life for the New Po...
- A Dead Man Writing
- A Dedication To You, The Reader
- A Drunken Poem
- A Gendai Haiku About War
- A Haiku about a Deceased Friend
- A Haiku about a Drunk Poet on New Year's...
- A Haiku about a monarch butterfly
- A Haiku about Afghanistan's First Female...
- A Haiku About Anne Frank House
- A Haiku About Dark Thoughts
- A Haiku about Double Love Suicide
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.