By the fireplace of personal wellbeing
We are sitting and champing some chips.
We are watching around, but not seeing,
All we do is giving good tips.
And the cold outside is unreal,
Someone’s dying there - it is not us,
We are speaking of bargain and deal
And are passing by them like a bus.
And engulfed into sweetness and sleep,
Real warmth is only outside.
Cold possesses us into our deep,
When for others we no warmth provide.
Tanya Ivanova's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cold by Tanya Ivanova )
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Jugnoo, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- that smelly stuff that gets real and som.., Mandolyn ...
- The Rice Eaters, Tony Adah
- Epilogue, Lawrence Beck
- broken wing, Cee Bea
- Planet Control, Joseph Archer
- My Struggle, Michael P. McParland
- Nervous Wreck, Michael P. McParland
- Bäume, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Infinity Divided By Zero, Michael P. McParland
- Inner nightmare, iluneos periform