Gypsy Boy Varey
Cogito Ergo Sum
Descartes was a clever man
He said “I think therefore I am”
But what, I ask you, does it mean?
And from it, what can I glean?
Cast your mind for the solution
Tis’ the pinnacle of evolution
The universes greatest power
And evolutions finest hour
Without a mind what would I be?
I would know not of reality
Without a mind how would I feel?
Without a mind would I be real?
What would I do without a mind?
I could not seek nor could I find
No questions nor ability
To understand natures philosophy
(c) varey 2013
Gypsy Boy Varey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cogito Ergo Sum by Gypsy Boy Varey )
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry
- somebody buried glass in the middle of t.., gordon nosworthy
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher
- Get Back To Those Books, Ronell Warren Alman