Gypsy Boy Varey
Cogito Ergo Sum
Descartes was a clever man
He said “I think therefore I am”
But what, I ask you, does it mean?
And from it, what can I glean?
Cast your mind for the solution
Tis’ the pinnacle of evolution
The universes greatest power
And evolutions finest hour
Without a mind what would I be?
I would know not of reality
Without a mind how would I feel?
Without a mind would I be real?
What would I do without a mind?
I could not seek nor could I find
No questions nor ability
To understand natures philosophy
(c) varey 2013
Gypsy Boy Varey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cogito Ergo Sum by Gypsy Boy Varey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Ode To A Nightingale, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- A language, a race, gajanan mishra
- Reality And Unimagination..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Smile, hafiz qasim
- Soldiers' Living Tomb, Ima Ryma
- Winter In The Wind, Tony Adah
- Barren Moon, Esther Ukeh
- Unrest Soul: Churches After Christ Death, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Weak in Nature, hafiz qasim
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Expression Eruption: Get out, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche