Gypsy Boy Ravey
Cogito Ergo Sum Poem by Gypsy Boy Ravey
Descartes was a clever man
He said “I think therefore I am”
But what, I ask you, does it mean?
And from it, what can I glean?
Cast your mind for the solution
Tis’ the pinnacle of evolution
The universes greatest power
And evolutions finest hour
Without a mind what would I be?
I would know not of reality
Without a mind how would I feel?
Without a mind would I be real?
What would I do without a mind?
I could not seek nor could I find
No questions nor ability
To understand natures philosophy
(c) varey 2013
Gypsy Boy Ravey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cogito Ergo Sum by Gypsy Boy Ravey )
Still I Rise
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Charles Wiles
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Indira Renganathan
- .....If Love Were Like Water (best love .., Charles Wiles
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Caged Bird, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas