Gypsy Boy Varey
Cogito Ergo Sum
Descartes was a clever man
He said “I think therefore I am”
But what, I ask you, does it mean?
And from it, what can I glean?
Cast your mind for the solution
Tis’ the pinnacle of evolution
The universes greatest power
And evolutions finest hour
Without a mind what would I be?
I would know not of reality
Without a mind how would I feel?
Without a mind would I be real?
What would I do without a mind?
I could not seek nor could I find
No questions nor ability
To understand natures philosophy
(c) varey 2013
Gypsy Boy Varey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cogito Ergo Sum by Gypsy Boy Varey )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)