Gypsy Boy Varey
Cogito Ergo Sum
Descartes was a clever man
He said “I think therefore I am”
But what, I ask you, does it mean?
And from it, what can I glean?
Cast your mind for the solution
Tis’ the pinnacle of evolution
The universes greatest power
And evolutions finest hour
Without a mind what would I be?
I would know not of reality
Without a mind how would I feel?
Without a mind would I be real?
What would I do without a mind?
I could not seek nor could I find
No questions nor ability
To understand natures philosophy
(c) varey 2013
Gypsy Boy Varey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cogito Ergo Sum by Gypsy Boy Varey )
- Why Poet?, Sandra Feldman
- Man, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Kite, Dilantha Gunawardana
- A Middle-Aged First Kiss (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Misplaced Trust, Mr. Spock
- No Looking Back (A Follow-up Poem), Dr John Celes
- losing leaves, Leah Dodd
- Worthy, Galina Italyanskaya
- Often I Am Reminded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- God Knows, Galina Italyanskaya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)