Little King of Sorrows
I close my eyes and start to pray,
Asking God for words to say.
With a humble sigh I come to thee,
Search my heart and set it free.
Silent pain it pumps through broken,
Like many dreams I leave unspoken.
I've cast a chain upon my soul,
And put aside my every goal.
Hindered by my evil deeds,
The open wound still hurts and bleeds.
But should I walk in death tonight,
I know by you I'll make it right.
Remove the blade which bears my name,
from the back of friend I use to claim.
Stitch the gaps that came from me,
and any other's cuts you see.
Void her of the times we had,
If they provoke and make her mad.
If thoughts of me bring her no joy,
Bestow her mind of another boy.
Let the beauty of her inner child,
Roam inside her free and wild.
In heaven's garden let it grow,
Till the time has come to reap her sow.
As for me I've come to heal,
Daydreaming sure, but staying real,
for life goes on and so must I,
With all my faith I have to try.
I served my time as well I should.
I learned the lessons best I could,
Key in hand, I gripped it tight,
Till you beckoned me to drop the fight.
Salty tears of guilt no more,
I spread my wings again to soar.
Taking aim past skies of blue,
Let your will be done in all we do.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Closure by Little King of Sorrows )
- Should We Kill Poetry, Tony Adah
- Look deep in my eyes, obed obser
- No Pussy In Hell, Buddy Bee Anthony
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Veins, Vines, And Vineyard Sweepings, Dexsta Ray
- Once There Was Love, Guy Shaked
- Silent Aspirations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None But I Myself Am A Witness To Contem.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Need To Know, Michael McParland