Little King of Sorrows
I close my eyes and start to pray,
Asking God for words to say.
With a humble sigh I come to thee,
Search my heart and set it free.
Silent pain it pumps through broken,
Like many dreams I leave unspoken.
I've cast a chain upon my soul,
And put aside my every goal.
Hindered by my evil deeds,
The open wound still hurts and bleeds.
But should I walk in death tonight,
I know by you I'll make it right.
Remove the blade which bears my name,
from the back of friend I use to claim.
Stitch the gaps that came from me,
and any other's cuts you see.
Void her of the times we had,
If they provoke and make her mad.
If thoughts of me bring her no joy,
Bestow her mind of another boy.
Let the beauty of her inner child,
Roam inside her free and wild.
In heaven's garden let it grow,
Till the time has come to reap her sow.
As for me I've come to heal,
Daydreaming sure, but staying real,
for life goes on and so must I,
With all my faith I have to try.
I served my time as well I should.
I learned the lessons best I could,
Key in hand, I gripped it tight,
Till you beckoned me to drop the fight.
Salty tears of guilt no more,
I spread my wings again to soar.
Taking aim past skies of blue,
Let your will be done in all we do.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Closure by Little King of Sorrows )
- ما كان ذنبي, قسطاكي الحمصي
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
- The Daughter of the Earth - 30, gajanan mishra
- Last Farewell, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Travel China Haiku - Chengdu spices, john tiong chunghoo
- Travel China Haiku - - A wealthy China, john tiong chunghoo
- Autumnal, Lawrence Beck
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 9 - 1937)