Little King of Sorrows
I close my eyes and start to pray,
Asking God for words to say.
With a humble sigh I come to thee,
Search my heart and set it free.
Silent pain it pumps through broken,
Like many dreams I leave unspoken.
I've cast a chain upon my soul,
And put aside my every goal.
Hindered by my evil deeds,
The open wound still hurts and bleeds.
But should I walk in death tonight,
I know by you I'll make it right.
Remove the blade which bears my name,
from the back of friend I use to claim.
Stitch the gaps that came from me,
and any other's cuts you see.
Void her of the times we had,
If they provoke and make her mad.
If thoughts of me bring her no joy,
Bestow her mind of another boy.
Let the beauty of her inner child,
Roam inside her free and wild.
In heaven's garden let it grow,
Till the time has come to reap her sow.
As for me I've come to heal,
Daydreaming sure, but staying real,
for life goes on and so must I,
With all my faith I have to try.
I served my time as well I should.
I learned the lessons best I could,
Key in hand, I gripped it tight,
Till you beckoned me to drop the fight.
Salty tears of guilt no more,
I spread my wings again to soar.
Taking aim past skies of blue,
Let your will be done in all we do.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Closure by Little King of Sorrows )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Three Wise Men, Bill Simmons
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Last Night, Swrji Basumatary
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram