Clocks Of Good Quality
Clocks, books, circles, and signs nip the air,
Programming thoughts with their willingness,
Through the nightmares and dreams of a day.
My fortunes are numberless, fending for themselves
Like good gold pieces, of the hiding variety,
Underneath the bed of the sea where there is colour.
You have ascertained the quality of a day
That judges the feelings of a major variety,
Fully the really interrogative thought is misplaced.
My circles and books are generally obsolete,
Like a sphinx or awesome wasp of the highness
That stings and bites with blurs and size.
What quality is there in the binding of a book?
Feelings are heard from the tongue,
As the tongue of the heart flaps and discourages.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Clocks Of Good Quality by Naveed Akram )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Soul and air, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal
- With few bucks, hasmukh amathalal
- Nature's love and hate song, Anu Shraddha