My alcoholic metaphor, my internet cocaine,
Almost destroyed my marriage, my life.
Occupying my every thought, shutting out those I loved most-
My family; my boys, my Wife.
Day in... Day out-
Late into the evening, quite often… past midnight.
Up in the early hours of predawn… only the dog barks,
Coveting my solitude, to be alone with my ego, my muse hiding-
Dancing in the dark.
My mind transfixed onto multi-screens,
Three Thousand strong you are,
Your lives portrayed out for all to see-
Seduction of the innocent… an Incubus-
I woo you with my words,
My forked tongue, dancing from my lips-
And you can't help yourself, but to fall in love,
For I am a master at what I do
Heartbreaker… Life taker-
Your tears hit your pillow nightly,
Bitterness and confusion consume your day,
My words are forever burned into your heart,
You're left with nothing, as I refuse to come and play.
Puppet Master… Poet-
I simply vanished from your life's heartbeat,
All hope is forever gone, trampled under feet,
Do you ever think to think…
I was never real… Never?
With a wink.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Clearly...an Addiction' by Kelly Seale )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Psalm 077, Forrest Hainline
- Every day feels scripted, Mark Heathcote
- It's Not Your Fault, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Beauty Of Moonlight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- misguide., tiffany white
- Parallel Lives, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- À L'ÉLU DE MON COEUR, Rosie Bourget
- Eagle, Luo Zhihai
- I Told You Often, Vera Sidhwa
- Watch Super Bowl 2015 Live Stream Online.., Renz Barns