My alcoholic metaphor, my internet cocaine,
Almost destroyed my marriage, my life.
Occupying my every thought, shutting out those I loved most-
My family; my boys, my Wife.
Day in... Day out-
Late into the evening, quite often… past midnight.
Up in the early hours of predawn… only the dog barks,
Coveting my solitude, to be alone with my ego, my muse hiding-
Dancing in the dark.
My mind transfixed onto multi-screens,
Three Thousand strong you are,
Your lives portrayed out for all to see-
Seduction of the innocent… an Incubus-
I woo you with my words,
My forked tongue, dancing from my lips-
And you can't help yourself, but to fall in love,
For I am a master at what I do
Heartbreaker… Life taker-
Your tears hit your pillow nightly,
Bitterness and confusion consume your day,
My words are forever burned into your heart,
You're left with nothing, as I refuse to come and play.
Puppet Master… Poet-
I simply vanished from your life's heartbeat,
All hope is forever gone, trampled under feet,
Do you ever think to think…
I was never real… Never?
With a wink.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Clearly...an Addiction' by Kelly Seale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Bigger Than His Dad, Edgar Albert Guest
- Autumn In Sussex, Radclyffe Hall
- Another's Gentle Whisper, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Boy's Adventure, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Christmas Box, Edgar Albert Guest
- Next Of Kin, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Honor Roll, Edgar Albert Guest
- Safe At Home, Edgar Albert Guest
- Old Years And New, Edgar Albert Guest
- She Powders Her Nose, Edgar Albert Guest