My alcoholic metaphor, my internet cocaine,
Almost destroyed my marriage, my life.
Occupying my every thought, shutting out those I loved most-
My family; my boys, my Wife.
Day in... Day out-
Late into the evening, quite often… past midnight.
Up in the early hours of predawn… only the dog barks,
Coveting my solitude, to be alone with my ego, my muse hiding-
Dancing in the dark.
My mind transfixed onto multi-screens,
Three Thousand strong you are,
Your lives portrayed out for all to see-
Seduction of the innocent… an Incubus-
I woo you with my words,
My forked tongue, dancing from my lips-
And you can't help yourself, but to fall in love,
For I am a master at what I do
Heartbreaker… Life taker-
Your tears hit your pillow nightly,
Bitterness and confusion consume your day,
My words are forever burned into your heart,
You're left with nothing, as I refuse to come and play.
Puppet Master… Poet-
I simply vanished from your life's heartbeat,
All hope is forever gone, trampled under feet,
Do you ever think to think…
I was never real… Never?
With a wink.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Clearly...an Addiction' by Kelly Seale )
- Elli's Whisper (A Bird's FairyTale), Kewayne Wadley
- Wild Flower, Bernard Snyder
- Can't Cuddle Now, Lawrence Beck
- That City, Waltz For Zizi
- Heart and Soul, Arthur Carman
- Are You Real?, Noah Body
- My Life, Arthur Carman
- Chunk for Whom?, kassem oude
- Letter to Kitty, Arthur Carman
- i miss you like i miss you like,, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)