They seek him here they seek him there
he is tall and thin and sports a mustache,
you can call him lanky and his wife slim.
Over Damascus in his posh neighbourhood
drones fly looking for him, but they must
be sure and not hit a foreign embassy.
He has been pitiless used chemical weapon,
not depleted uranium, Agent Orange or
or liquid phosphorous, but something worse,
he must be punished. When found he will,
for the good of democracy, be assassinated,
together with his wife, children and chattel.
The rebels can take over – there are so many
of them- they will fight and kill each other in
the name of religion and for power, the sweet
taste of command. Stuck in the middle of this
mayhem are the Christians, they better leave
now; because you ain´t seen nothing yet.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Civil War. by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak